State of the Inyo
June 30, 2022
Mono Lake Ranger District
- Saddlebag Road
- Tioga Pass (120 West). Reservation required. Visit the park’s website for more information.
- Ebbetts Pass (HWY 4), Sonora Pass (HWY 108), Monitor Pass, Lundy Lake Rd, HWY 120 E (Benton), HWY 158 June Lake Loop, Bodie Road (SR 270), HWY 120 W 11 miles west of Hwy 395
Roads CLOSED: None
Big Bend, Sawmill Walk-In, Saddlebag Lake Trailhead Group, Saddlebag Lake, Upper and Lower Deadman, Tioga Lake, Junction, Ellery Lake, Moraine, Aspen, Big Springs, Hartley Springs, Reversed Creek, Lundy Canyon (County), Silver Lake*, Gull Lake, Oh! Ridge, June Lake, Aerie Crag, Glass Creek, Lower Lee Vining
*Please note: Construction at Silver Lake Boat Launch may affect those camping in Silver Lake Campground, including potential noise.
Campgrounds CLOSED: Obsidian Flat Group
- Mono Basin Scenic Area Visitor Center: please call ahead to find out if passes and permit sales are possible
- July 4 holiday hours: 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
- Regular Operating hours: Thursday-Sunday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Mammoth Ranger District
- Reds Meadow (HWY 203) opens Friday, June 17.
- Minaret Vista Lookout is also open.
- Mammoth Scenic Loop
- Old Mammoth Road to Lakes Basin Road
- Lakes Basin Road
Roads CLOSED: NONE
Minaret Falls, Upper Soda Springs, Reds Meadow, Pine City, Lake Mary, Lake George, Coldwater, Twin Lakes, Old Shady Rest, Pine Glen Group, Sherwin Creek, New Shady Rest, Mammoth Mtn. RV Park (private), Crowley (BLM).
Campgrounds CLOSED (scheduled to open on July 8):
Agnew Meadows Horse, Agnew Meadows Group, Pumice Flat Group
- Mammoth Lakes Welcome Center:
- Hours: every day from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Devils Postpile Ranger Station (NPS)
*** Please Note: Laurel Mountain Trail (28E201) south of Sherwin Creek Road near Mammoth Lakes has severe wash outs. Please refrain from driving on the trail.***
White Mountain Ranger District
Rock Creek, Hwy 168, North Lake Rd., Sabrina Rd., South Lake Rd., Glacier Rd. (Big Pine Creek), McGee Creek Rd., Pine Creek, Buttermilk Rd., White Mountain Rd. (not maintained in winter, travel at own risk), Silver Canyon Rd. (4×4-high clearance), Wyman Canyon Rd. (4×4-high clearance), Big Pine Canyon to upper lot.
Roads CLOSED: none
Table Mountain Group, Mosquito Flat Backpacker, Rock Creek, Rock Creek Group, Upper Pine Grove, Pine Grove, East Fork, Palisade Group, North Lake (no water), Sabrina (no water), Willow, Bishop Park Group, Mountain Glen, Clyde Glacier Group, Palisade Glacier Group, Intake 2 (Upper area has no water), Big Meadow, Iris Meadow, Aspen Group, Holiday, McGee Creek, Tuff, French Camp, Convict Lake, Big Pine Creek, Big Trees, Four Jeffrey, Forks, Bishop Park, Upper Sage Flat, Lower Sage Flat, Pleasant Valley (County), Horton (BLM), Pleasant Valley Pit (BLM, no water), Grandview (winter ops, no services, no fees), Bitterbrush, Baker Creek (County), Taboose Creek (County), Tinnemaha Creek (County), Goodale (BLM, no water), Cedar Flat Group.
Campgrounds CLOSED: none
- Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest Visitor Center:
- Hours: Thursday through Sunday 10am – 4:45 pm
- White Mountain Public Lands Information Center: opened on May 24
- Tuesday through Saturday (closed Sun + Mon) Hours: 8:30 – 4:30 (closed for lunch 12 -1pm)
Mt Whitney Ranger District
Roads OPEN: Onion Valley Rd., Horseshoe Meadow, Whitney Portal Rd., Foothill Road, Division Creek
Road CLOSED: none
Campgrounds OPEN: Kennedy Meadows (no services), Cottonwood Lakes, Cottonwood Pass, Horseshoe Meadow Equestrian, Onion Valley, Whitney Portal, Whitney Portal Trailhead Campground, Whitney Portal Group, Lower Grays Meadow (no potable water), Upper Grays Meadow (no potable water), Independence Creek (county), Tuttle Creek, Portuguese Joe (county), Diaz Lake (County), Lone Pine
Campgrounds CLOSED: none
Eastern Sierra Visitor Center: open with limited services